A new season with longer, brighter days is the perfect time to get things in order. A spring clean can not only be therapeutic, but good for the health too. Ridding yourself of clutter can help reduce stress levels, and make your environment more allergy friendly.
But we all know that when it comes to cleaning in the home, levels of enthusiasm can often go out the window. Finding time to thoroughly clean the house or office from top to bottom is often a challenge, and things can often get worse, before they get better when you’re having a clear out.
Take A Look At Our ‘Operation Spring Clean’ Infographic Below!
In order to make spring cleaning a process as easy as it is satisfying, we’ve put together our ‘Operation Spring Clean’ infographic below, to ensure that your big spring clean will be a guaranteed success and is as painless as it can possibly be. Take a read now, and feel free to share with others you feel might need a helping hand this spring cleaning season.
Our Cleaning Hacks For A Successful Spring Clean in the Home
- Get Organised
Before getting started, it’s important to be prepared and organised. Make sure you’ve done the following before putting your rubber gloves on.
- Make a checklist
- Start with one task in one room at a time
- Work from the top to the bottom of your home
- Be prepared to multi- task
- Have Your Supplies at the Ready
Make sure you have all the supplies and equipment you need before you get started. Stopping to go top up on essentials might hinder your progress, so make sure you have the following as a minimum –
- Get Ready for a Clear Out
Spring cleaning is the ideal time to have a clear out of all the junk you haven’t used in years. Clear out your clutter by doing the following –
- Shred outdated paper work
- Donate unwanted items to charity
- Sell clothing items online
- Throw out makeup past its best
- Tips You Should Know About
Now you’re fully prepared and are more clutter free, it’s time to get stuck in. As well as the obvious tasks such as dusting and vacuuming don’t forget these tips for every room of the house –
- Kitchen: steam clean your microwave using water and a lemon
- Bathroom: pay attention to all handles and small crevices
- Living Room: try using shoe polish to repair leather sofas
- Bedroom: if machine washable, don’t forget to wash your pillows
- Make it a Group Effort
Many hands make light work, right? Yes, even the smaller, less reluctant ones, can make a big impact when spring cleaning! Kids, we’re talking about you! Here are some tasks your precious little cargo can help with around the home.
- Picking up toys
- Dusting small furniture
- Putting laundry in the basket
- Wiping down easier to reach surfaces
- Sorting and putting away winter clothing
If you are feeling inspired to get stuck into spring cleaning, why not download our FREE commercial cleaning schedule? We’ve also got everything you could ever need to conduct the spring clean of your life on our website – so make sure to browse the full range here